Friday, October 24, 2008

October 10

On this day, we celebrated our 10th anniversary. There have been so many times that I have wondered how in the world has 10 years gone by? I suppose time does fly when you have fun! Since we had spent many months (seriously) in planning our "little" vacation, Steve had asked several times what I wanted for a gift. Ummm- I thought this "little" getaway was enough. He apparently had other ideas and surprised me with a lovely bracelet. Boy, I guess it was a good thing I splurged and bought 2 cards for him!


We drove to the north shore of Oahu to go to the Polynesian Cultural Center (http://www.polynesia.com/). It was lots of fun. There are seven different areas, each representing a different island. It is beautiful. We visited a few of the areas, but wanted to make sure that we were back to the canal in time to see the canoe parade. Visited more areas on our way to the IMAX theater for a show on the ocean and coral reefs. Then it was time for dinner! Dinner was served in a buffet style complete with pig cooked in a traditional imu. We had several items that we new to us. AND tried at least a bite of everything. We are Mr. and Mrs. Picky-eater.

Unfortunately, we didn't get as many pictures here as we would have liked. (gasp!) We managed to leave the camera disk with the laptop when downloading Thursdays pictures. The gift shop did have the disk type we needed, but much much smaller size. Something is better than nothing, right? After dinner was our show. It was really something! I'm sure that the few pictures I've attached just don't do justice.


No comments: