Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Brandon-isms


This boy of ours comes up with the funniest things. While his point of view often leaves us laughing, he has quite the words of wisdom. Many times we tell each other that we need to "write that one down!" and share with friends and coworkers. I thought I would actually get one down on paper... so to speak.

So to set the stage, we were all out front this evening. I was working on pruning the mums. Jess was helping (for about 5 minutes, but I'll take it). Thinking that we could use this as a "teachable moment," explained that it is important to pick the dead ones off so that the plant can use that energy to make new flowers grow. Jess says that daddy told them that. (good, she remembers!)

So out of the mouth of my babe: Plants are like humans. They grow and they grow until their bodies get old and then they die. Right, mommy?

Yes, grasshopper.


And another one to add, from a couple weeks ago. Just before they started school, I asked him what he wanted to wear for the first day of school. (This is usually pretty important to Jess.) In his infinite wisdom, shrugs his shoulders and tells me, "I don't know. Something in my closet."

No comments: