Thursday, May 13, 2010

Recap of last week

I will blame this lack of posting on an allergy stupor.
 It has only been in the last few years that I have had allergy problems. This year seems to be particularly loathesome. Trying to find the balance between watery eyes, stuffed up head, and the near constant feeling of having to sneeze with the serious lack of function after taking any allergy medicine. I have so not done much of anything lately!
First off, Ray came by for a couple of days. My big kids are always excited by this. Wednesday afternoon, Brandon, Ray and I made a very short trip to see Aunt Linda and Rory. I had had an album made on line with about 100 pictures for them. I really, really wanted them to have it. And they both have Wednesdays off. I think they liked it! Also on Wednesday, the kiddos had a "mini recital" at the Harrison. It was only 5 of the classes. But they are so darn cute.
My godson turned 5 on Thursday. Really, how has it that Alex has turned 5?!? (and that we are a mere week away from Brandon being 6!! HOLY COW!) Saturday evening was spent celebrating the birthday boy. And why we wait until we are ready to leave to get a picture of all 4 kids, I don't know. Guess they are too busy running around and being silly.
Sunday was a great Mother's Day! It started with cinnamon rolls for breakfast. And the kids helped daddy make a cake. (it was dessert after dinner, not breakfast dessert) Then we went to the bookstore to get a book that I had been looking forward to buying. It is called "I Will Carry You" by Angie Smith. She also has a blog (Bring the Rain). I have been following her story for more than two years. We had just left the bookstore when grandma called. She invited us out for lunch. It was an impromtu get-together. We (Aunt Shannon, Uncle Alvin and Ray, Uncle Mike, Aunt Rachel and Dylan, and Grandma and Grandpa) met practically across the street. What was the luck in that? After lunch, we all went our separate ways. We went to the plant store. It would appear that half the county had the same idea. More crowded than any of the other times that we have been there, combined. To finish off the day, daddy grilled out steak and cake for dessert!

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: random 5/5-5/10
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Slideshow personalized with Smilebox

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Great picture of the rainbow! One of the girls I work with was at the same dance thing and she sd Jessica's dress was beautiful!