Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Naming the Kiddos


On one of the BLOGS that I so enjoy reading, Jen (http://www.murraycrew.blogspot.com/) has been asked many times how they were able to decide on names for their super cute Quads. She suggested that her readers post how they picked names for our own kiddos and I thought... hey, I can do that! So, here it is-
Jessica Elizabeth- My dear hubby had wanted to find out the sex of our baby before we started the search for a name. I had been throwing names out for quite some time, but once we found out that "it" was a girl, there hadn't really been any that stood out. So, out came the baby name books again. So one day, I suggested another name (don't recall what it was) and the usual noncommital response from him. "But what about Jessica?" I guess that he took MY lack of a response as a no and said to never mind. But I was in shock that HE suggested something! I was determined that we would have to use the name since it was the one and only that he offered. We did have 3 other names that we liked, but just not "the one." Elizabeth was one of those names and liked the way it fit with Jessica.
Brandon Lee- I knew that he would share his daddy's middle name. I wanted him to be named after his daddy, but not be "Jr." I had gone thru the baby books again, made a short list of about 6-8 names. Hubby minused a few of them out and then we asked our then 2 1/2 yr old Jess. No matter which order we asked, she would always pick "Ban-don." Obviously, we liked it since it made the the list, and if it helped our little girl to adjust to being a Big Sister we were all for it! And guess what! Jess is a great big sister and her little brother just loves her so much!

1 comment:

The Murray Crew said...

I LOVE hearing about your sweet names! Thanks for posting! =)