Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Recital Time!

The first weekend in June is recital time.
Saturday is rehearsal day and Sunday is the big production.
This weekend was no exception. The only difference to us, from previous years, is that we did not have the morning rehearsal. At first I thought, "Yippee!" But now having had an afternoon and morning rehearsals, I think I prefer the morning. And by default the earlier show. Our studio breaks up the recital into two shows so that it is not excessively long. Thank goodness!!
Here is my only complaint... professional pictures are on rehearsal day. It is a full dress rehearsal. I'm fine with that. It makes sense to me. BUT, I spent 45 minutes to curl the girl's hair. By the time I put make up on her and we went downstairs to get shoes on and leave, the curls were already drooping. The short drive to the HS, waiting our turn for pictures, and her hair was practically straight.
I would have put rollers in her hair the night before, but it was late when we got home from the ball game. Having her shower and do hair that late was not really an option. But we had a "take 2" for Sunday, the actual recital. It was a bit difficult to get some really good pictures of her during her performance. She seemed to be back just far enough to not have good lighting... for us. Or we had "good" light and she was on the other side of the stage. ...sigh...
Anyway, she did great! I'm always proud of her for getting up on stage to perform.
Stepping out of her element.
Brava! Brava!
Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Free slideshow design made with Smilebox

No comments: