Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Boston

Last week was Spring Break. We all did some traveling! The kids went to Grandma and Grandpa's house. The dog went to our friend's house. We went to Boston. There were a couple really nice things about this trip. First, it worked out nicely that it coincided with the kids school schedule. Secondly, Steve was traveling for a conference for work and I was able to go too. Although, we were not traveling with the kiddos, we were not traveling alone. Alan and Deb (Steve's coworker and his wife) went also. It was an uneventful drive. We broke it up into 2 days worth and the important decisions were along the lines of "where do we want to eat?"
We stayed in the same hotel as the last time "we" attended this conference. Six short years ago. This little conference is quite the "to-do" and welcomes spouses/companions as well. Even going that extra mile as to coordinate a breakfast on the first day so that everyone can meet and greet. Or see one another again, in some cases. Some of the wives in attendance have been to this conference almost as many years as I have had birthdays. Almost. But I digress. Outings are arranged, hospitality suites opened and new friends made.
After breakfast, Deb and I went on a Trolley tour. We decided to get off the trolley at the Faneuil Hall stop. It has all sorts of shops and food vendors in Quincy Market. We decided it was time to get back on the trolley to finish the tour. And then something funny happened. I was this young boy that I thought looked familiar. Which is really crazy since he lives in the same state as me. Then I saw the tall blonde guy behind them. It could not possible be that I see 2 people that look like father and son back home. So I am trying to see around the other people sitting on the trolley and debating whether or not to get off the trolley. Just to see if I know these people. (And just for the record, the trolley wasn't leaving this stop for a few minutes, waiting to pick up more passengers.) So I stand up to get a better look and decided I will just have to debark (unboard, get off of) the trolley. I see the whole family there. And I KNOW these people! What a crazy lark! That we would be on the same trolley in Boston, Mass, completely unaware of the other's travel plans. And if that wasn't crazy enough, it didn't even occur to me to get a picture of us together, even though I (obviously) had the camera with me and we have hundreds of pictures from this trip.
That night for dinner, Steve and I went to Cheesecake Factory. Alan and Deb said that since we were without children, we should be able to have some time to ourselves. While that is very nice of them, and we certainly didn't mind having dinner companions, I hope it wasn't code for "I've seen that girl all day and I'm tired from the extra walking we had due to that wrong turn she took. I need a break!"
BTW, the rasberry lemon cheesecake, YUM!!
Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
A picture slideshow by Smilebox

more pictures coming...

No comments: