Thursday, April 7, 2011

A road trip to Maine

On Tuesday morning we headed to Stonewall Kitchen in York, Maine. A bus was charted for our big group of ladies. The trip was mostly uneventful. A small mishap. But overall a good. We had our lunch prepared for us. The chef prepared an example of each dish as it was being served to us. We were also given the recipes for them as well. I had taken a picture of the shrimp appetizer and the chicken and pasta main course. We were also served a ceasar salad with homemade ceasar dressing and french bread croutons and a dessert with lemon curd and strawberries. I forgot to take a picture of it. But I found it to be very tasty! There is also a retail shop connected to the cooking school. I browsed, but didn't buy anything. Lots of neat looking gadgets. :)
Afterwards, we boarded our bus and took a short trip to Ogunquit. It seemed to be "off season" for this little town. We did not have a lot of time to spend here. Most of which we (Deb and I) spent going on the Marginal Way walking path. Although we did have a few minutes to browse one shop for a souvenier.
Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Photo slideshow generated with Smilebox

Oh, and to think that I almost forgot to include dinner that evening!! Steve and I try to find a Hard Rock Cafe when we travel. Geez, I type that out and it seems to make it sound like we are always on the road. Not true. Anyway, we had arrived back from our day trip in time for the guys to finish up....whatever it is that they would do... and be ready for dinner. Making the trip to HRC required us to ride the MBTA (the subway system aka the T). If only I could really put into words the adventure that this simple outing for dinner truly was! I could not possibly due justice, so we will just have to leave it as "hilarious!!!" And any indication to this- the MBTA officer that we saw on the return to our stop waved and gave us a thumbs up. I'm sure that we made her day!
Click to play this Smilebox collage
Create your own collage - Powered by Smilebox
Personalize a free picture collage
and I know that the Rock this Way sign looks odd sideways. I wanted a simple collage for the few pics and is was all landscape or all portrait. Majority wins.

No comments: