Tuesday, November 25, 2008

oh yeah, the blog...

Bad blogger, I know. We have just been going along. Brandon is all better. It seems like ages ago now. But he is better. Jess had a follow up with her urologist. She was happy.
I do have a cute story while at the hospital. While waiting for the doctor to come in to talk about the xray, Brandon had to go to the bathroom. Leaving Jess, we go around the corner. The bathroom was a very popular place. Someone was in there, we were waiting, another mom with little girl also comes over. I see that the doctor has come around the corner heading towards our room. The doctor and her nurse both see me waiting down the hall and stop there. They are both now waiting for me to come to them. What do I do with this 4 year old that has to go to the potty? I tell him that he will just have to go in by himself when the lady comes out. I will be right over there. Hoping that the other mom waiting with the little girl is understanding. So while the doctor is talking to me about the x-ray, I keep looking back to make sure that Brandon does indeed go into the bathroom. What I see instead is everyone looking down towards me because it was "his turn" but was refusing to go. I call down to him that "it's okay buddy, it's your turn. Go ahead." So he in turn yells back down the hall, "I'm letting the little girl go first!"
What a nice boy!
Jess in turn got the whole day off school. I was hoping that I could get her back for the second half of the day. It just didn't work that way. By the time that we got back to our side of town and lunch, it just seemed silly to take her to school. Three day weekend for her.

Saturday was Thanksgiving with the Jones family. By this I mean the WHOLE Jones family. All the aunts and uncles, cousins, and cousin's children. Everyone brings a dish (or two). It was all so good! Jess ate like a champ! Brandon had crackers, roll, and fruit salad. On the way home he asks if he can have "a litte something to eat."

All is going well in the Jones house. The kids are wanting to get the Christmas trees up. We will probably work on that this weekend. Or maybe Friday. I don't see much shopping going on for us! Way to crazy! Although we did take the kids out, armed with pen and paper, to get some sort of wish list going. That was interesting...

No comments: