Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving

Hoping that Thanksgiving was a good one for you.

In keeping with tradition, Thanksgiving was at Aunt Linda's house. Linda and Rory did lots of good and yummy work in the kitchen! Even a double batch of cranberry salad! Is it a bad thing to be thankful for the big dish that was sent home with me? Again, Jess was a champion eater. Even going back for seconds of a few things. (Keeping in mind that as a tiny girl, she was very picky!) And Brandon, well we pretty much had a repeat performance on his part. It sounds terrible to say, but I packed him a sandwich. All the good food and he ate a sandwich... He is becoming more and more difficult to feed. He is SO picky now!! But he did realize the goodness of cranberry salad! I might even be willing to share!

It didn't take long to find the toy stash...


Jess playing peek-a-boo with Baby Ray.


Baby Ray's first Thanksgiving.


Daddy is working today. He had to get up at an unreasonable hour. But traveling quite far for today's job. Unfortunately, we are not sure what time to expect him home. Hopefully, if it is not too late in the day, we may get a start on decorating. The kiddos have been asking when we will put the trees up. I have not yet bought ornaments for the kids this year! We pick out an ornament for them each year and also a group for the family (like the jiggle bells that look like snowmen and have our names on them) For the ones that are not dated, I will add it. The kids like pulling the ornaments out and putting their own on the tree. We also buy ornaments from vacations that we have taken. Usually more than one, but it is so hard to sum up a trip in just one ornament! I think my favorite part is decorating the tree... I love the memories that come with each ornament. Maybe I will have to take pictures of some of my favorites to share... hmmm...

Oh, and I guess that you can check back later for Turkey day pictures. I have not yet uploaded pictures.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Thankgsiving Jones family....we miss you and we are sending lots of love....Boo-boo and family