Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Big stuff

Well, Jess thinks she is big stuff. Actually riding her bike. She went to her first sleep over. What can I say? The kiddos have only stayed with family. Stayed up way late two nights in a row. Rode her bike around the neighborhood and needed no assistance.

Good grief!! Who the heck said that in something like 3 days she could just grow up?

She was set to go Friday when she came home from school. As soon as she set foot in the door (barely), she was wanting to know if it was time to go to Megan's house. Ummm, no. We decided that around 6 would be good and she only lives 2 minutes down the street. It was after 11 before they went to sleep. She was pretty slow moving when she came home Saturday morning.

And even though Brandon seemed to like having our undivided attention, you could tell that he was missing his sister. (They are like peas in a pod. They do pretty much everything together.) He would say, "I wonder what Jess is having for dinner." Or "I bet she not having ice cream!" Or when it was time for bed, "do you think Jess stayed up this late?"

Saturday afternoon was Alex's birthday party. The big 4! And since his mom and I have only known each other since we were 12 (and living in another state), we ended up staying looooong after the party was over. Our kiddos were loving all the extra time together.






Sunday, we all but had to drag Jess out of bed. She was feeling the pain of a lack of sleep for two days. But she also rallied herself to ride her bike. Like I said earlier, she went around the neighborhood and lots of up and down our street.
It all caught up to her. There was a meltdown. There was a nap to follow. Napping is something that was given up somewhere around 24 mos.

I have made another photo book. (Have I mentioned that it is one of my new favorite things?) This one is flowers and landscape themed. I did it for my mom for Mother's day. And I can tell you this because she does not get online. Thus, not reading this! SO, that means don't tell her about it!

Ok, I'm sure that there are lots of pictures that I could be/should be sharing (in a Smilebox, of course), but my dryer has buzzed and Brandon is calling...

No comments: