Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Birthday Boy





I had no idea what we were in for. I really cannot count the number of times that I have said that two children coming from the same parents could not be more different. "The Beast" was our charming nickname for you. There was no middle ground for you. Either you were happy or not. Sleeping or not. And even though I could see some traits that belong to your daddy, a few that come from me, and all the ways that I compared to your sister (and told myself not to); it came to me that you were "just Brandon." A beautiful mix that makes you stand out all on your own. Certainly one of a kind!
While it is so hard to believe that time has passed so quickly, you have grown so much. But a few things remain the same. When you are happy, you smile the biggest smile; when you laugh, it comes out as a big belly laugh; and you give the best hugs.
You are all boy through and through. You have the scrapes, bruises, dirty hands and sweaty face to prove it. And you are fearless. (You obviously get this trait from your daddy.) But you are also the sweetest and most polite little boy. You hold the door for strangers; you let little girls in line ahead of you; and you like to make cards with lots of hearts on them. And even though you prefer for daddy to tuck you in, you always ask for me to come give you hugs. And you give the best hugs!
I could not be more proud of you. I love the stories that you make up. I love your imagination. I love to see how much you love your sister. I love to see how feisty and fired up you get playing with daddy. My sweet beautiful boy. How happy I am to call you my son.

No comments: