Friday, June 5, 2009

Afternoon at Grandma's House

Just a quick little story. We had gone to grandma's house this afternoon. There will be a neighborhood garage sale and I had offered to help her set up. Not to mention that I had taken lots of Jess' outgrown clothes. (Not sure how much help we really were...)There is one house in between grandma's house and the neighborhood playground. The kids had asked to go over to play. The kiddos had been gone for a short bit when Brandon came back. He tells me that a bigger boy was tackling him. (in retrospect, I think he was saying "attacking." Whichever.) So I go over. Thinking I'm going to have to... Well, nevermind what I was thinking. Of course, the two older boys that were there quickly ran off as soon as they saw me. I stayed at the fence to the playground. The boys came back. The one, after a few minutes, went over to Brandon to tell him that he was sorry for kicking him in the side and hitting him. Then went back over to where the other older boy was. I had called Jess over to me. I had her go over to "that boy" to tell him that I wanted to talk to him.

I had asked him why he kicked my son. Shrugs shoulders.
We had a bit of Q & A. Then I thanked him for apologizing to Brandon (although I think it was for show) and that this better not happen again. I stayed for a few minutes then collected my kids. It was time to leave anyway.

Hopefully, grandma doesn't get a knock on her door from one of "that boy's" parents.

Ahhh. Seriously people. I'm just glad that Brandon wasn't hurt. No crying. No bleeding. Here I thought it would be ok to go 2 houses away.

On a much lighter note, at our house, we have a nest in one of the trees in the front yard. The eggs have hatched. Last Sunday, Daddy stood on the step ladder and blindly pointed the camera. He didn't want to disturb the babies by getting too close. But this is what he captured:


We are hoping to get pictures weekly of the babies. Keep you posted!

No comments: